We understand just how vital the safe shipping of your dog is. Importing dogs to Qatar is a serious business, and it is important to get everything right. It may seem overwhelming and complex, with many import rules to follow. But the expert Euro Puppy team has all the facts for transporting a dog to Qatar.
While we know you would like your dog with you quickly, we have to comply with the regulations in Qatar, which are in place for the safety of your dog.
We have two decades of experience shipping to over 110 countries, worldwide. We regularly ship dogs to Hamad International Airport, and we are proud to have many wonderful Euro Puppy dogs in Qatar.
Before you check out our Dogs for Sale in Qatar, here is a summary of the requirements…
- An Import Permit is required from the Department of Animal Resources. This is needed to book the flight, and for customs clearance on arrival. It is valid for 30 days from issuing. It must be applied for in person by the new dog owner, and only when the puppy has reached 7 months of age. (We will provide full details for what is required to obtain this).
- Standard Vaccinations – Dogs must be vaccinated for DA2PPL/DAPPL (distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, parainfluenza and leptospirosis).
- Deworming is not mandatory but is advised to be given within 14 days before shipping to Qatar. (Done by Euro Puppy).
- A rabies vaccine must be administered at no earlier than 12 weeks of age. (Done by Euro Puppy).
- Furthermore a rabies blood test must be taken at least 21 days after vaccination. The laboratory report with a successful result (not less than 0.5 IU / ml) of this Rabies titer test is sent with the dog (Done by Euro Puppy).
- Microchip must be in place, and listed in the vaccination book (Provided by Euro Puppy)
- Within 14 days of travel a licensed veterinarian must complete a Veterinary Health Certificate for Qatar. (Provided by Euro Puppy)
- The vaccination book / pet passport must travel with the dog (Provided by Euro Puppy).
- Importing Dogs to Qatar must be done only through safe and secure manifest cargo as per the International Air Transport Association (IATA) regulations. (Always shipped this way through Euro Puppy).
- The Minimum age for shipping a dog to Qatar is at least 7 months. This is because a dog can only travel 90 days after the drawing of blood for the rabies titre test. This is regardless of a negative result. As the Import Permit can only be obtained from 7 months of age, and allowing for processing time and flight booking, the usual earliest possible age for travel is 7.5 months.