Many a dog owner has been known to affectionately refer to their dog as "the four-legged garbage disposal" as they will happily eat anything we are eating. Some of our favorite foods, however, can be toxic to our companions and it is important to keep these foods out of reach. The following can be toxic to your furry friend. • chocolate • onions • grapes & raisins • coffee grounds • yeast dough • macadamia nuts • xylitol - a sweetener found in chewing gum, candy and breath fresheners Don't forget to throw away meat wrappers and packaging as well - and keep the garbage in a closed cabinet with a pet-proof lid. Keep in mind that it takes a lot less to make a little dog sick, so those with smaller companions must be most attentive to safety!